Job Type: Full Time - Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel amount: Minimal
Profit and loss responsibility for assigned store. Maximizes store sales and profits to achieve acceptable rate of return for investors and meet profit plan goals. Manages store assets including cash, inventory, vehicles, furniture and fixtures. Maintains expense controls, including payroll, to achieve profit plan goals. Manager store staff. Maintains proper staff required to service the customer in a professional and timely manner and meet goals for outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages day-to-day store operations and commercial customer relationships to ensure maximum profits with lowest possible investment.
- Hires, trains, develops and manages a professional staff of teammates and monitors full-time and part-time outside sales representatives.
- Serves as development coach for associate store manager, providing one-on-one training on all store operations, policies and procedures.
- Monitors customer pricing for strict control of gross profit margins.
- Budgets and manages daily/weekly payroll to achieve stated profit plan goals.
- Partners with the sales teams and the regional director of sales at the retail level to implement sales campaigns designed to meet or exceed profit plan goals.
- Monitors all expenses to ensure store is operating within budgeted guidelines.
- Maintains consistent accounts receivable collection procedures, current files and supervises collection matters.
- Trains outside sales professionals in collection procedures.
- Holds monthly store meetings with all teammates in attendance. Provides policy and procedure training, information about company sales programs, current events, promotes teamwork, reviews incentives, etc.
- Supervises store teammate activities to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Enforces all safety and security policies and programs for the protection of store teammates, assets, and property.
- Use company developed programs to monitor and control store inventory investment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Customer service and sales experience in the automotive aftermarket distribution and retail industry, or other related industry.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous work experience in the store with progressive responsibilities in leading and managing the day-to-day operations of the store may be substituted for education requirements.
- Significant knowledge of automotive aftermarket industry. Mechanical aptitude and a good understanding of automotive systems such as electrical, cooling, charging, drive line, fuel systems and others.
- Business management skills required.
- Requires demonstrated sales, people management and organizational skills.
- Must maintain a good driving record and must pass a pre-work screen to demonstrate ability to perform the physical requirements of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
May be required to mix paint, operate hydraulic hose maker, bench test starters and alternators, press wheel bearings, grind flywheels, machine brake drums and rotors, test/charge batteries and other specialty duties.
Uses company vehicle to deliver parts and equipment to customers in a safe and courteous manner.
Stocks shelves with incoming freight
Keywords: Operations Manager, GM, General Manager, Store Manager, Supervisor, Dealer Supervisor, Management, Auto Mechanic, Automotive Mechanic, Auto Tech, Automotive Technician, Auto Shop Supervisor, Shop Manager, Mechanics, Automotive Service Manager, Equipment Service Manager, ON, Ontario, Cameron, Cannington, Kawartha Lakes, Sunderland, Beaverton, Peterborough, Bridgenorth, Ennismore, Bobcaygeon, Fenelon Falls, Kirkfield, Brechin, Port Perry, Clarington,
To apply for this position please visit http://canadajobsandcareers.ca/jobs/view/1528804803.html
In Person:TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK AND APPLY