Job Type: Full Time - Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 4-6 years
We endeavor to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist for their Rexdale office.
- Preparation of wage and salary payrolls for approx. 2000 Team member payroll. Facilitates reconciliation of payroll-related accounts with the accounting and tax departments.
- Reconciles accuracy of payroll accounts and prepares summary reports. Assists in the analysis of payroll funding on a weekly basis, including net payroll and payroll tax liability.
- Processes biweekly hourly/salaried payroll for two Canadian companies; Reviews and processes special payroll runs for the payment of bonuses or other special compensation outside of the normal payroll cycle.
- Serves as payroll subject matter expert and keeps on top of process changes or enhancements that will improve payroll productivity.
- Interfaces with the company's bank for payroll processing and resolving bank-related issues (net funding, return items, cancel checks, debit cards, etc.)
- Completes Oracle testing for all updates, patches and Vertex tax changes.
- Communicates with HR team, field Management and coordinators on payroll-related matters.
- Handles standard payroll transactions and seeks Payroll Manager assistance on the accounting treatment of various complex payroll transactions, where required.
- May perform periodic audits or analysis for various payroll data and procedures.
- Completes payroll tax reporting and analysis to ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal regulations and to facilitate payroll tax return filings; provincial and federal.
- Experience in general payroll processing, including tax processing and completion of T4s, ROEs, ROIs, T2200s etc
- Experience in accounts payable or other related accounting functions
- Has demonstrated payroll experience in supporting an organization in a Ceridian environment with approx 2000 employees
- Good organizational and planning skills; excellent communications [written and verbal]
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, an ability to problem solve, and communicate effectively with Management, teammates across the organization.
- Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Expert technical knowledge and proficiency in the Ceridian HCM (Dayforce) payroll software and Oracle system.
Certified Payroll Professional Designation
Keywords: Accountant, Accounting, Bookkeeper, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, AR, AP,Â, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA
To apply for this position please visit http://canadajobsandcareers.ca/jobs/view/1510232404.html
In Person:TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK AND APPLY