The Storage Engineering team provides enterprise class application hosting platforms for centrally stored data on both Mainframe and Distributed operating environments. These platform technologies include:
• Disk storage via SAN (Storage Area Network) and NAS (Network Attached Storage)
• Tape storage VTS/VTL (Virtual Tape Server / Virtual Tape Library)
• Data Protection (Backup/Archive)
The candidate will be part of the Data Protection team, providing specialization with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and current tape technologies.
the company is seeking a strong experienced Senior Storage Engineer. This position will be accountable to providing Data Protection Engineering support and solutions specifically related to backup and archive services, technologies and infrastructures. The candidate is to provide expertise and engineering support for the following strategic platforms: Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Data Domain Virtual Tape Libraries, and IBM 3584 Automated Tape Libraries. Experience with other data protection technologies in existence at the Bank would be an asset; e.g. CaminoSoft, NetBackup (Windows), Backup Exec.
The candidate will design, build, maintain and monitor all backup platforms and related systems. This position will be responsible for providing 24/7 support on a rotating basis. The candidate must enjoy working in a team environment, have strong written and oral communication skills, and enterprise backup and storage experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• install, configure, maintain, and monitor backup storage infrastructure and backup related software
• commission, decommission, refresh data protection technologies
• execute release management for data protection software and hardware
• test and deploy new technologies
• optimize the deployment process
• perform proactive performance management and experienced design, tuning and troubleshooting of the data protection infrastructure run on Unix and Windows management servers
• support for the backup servers and its HACMP high-availability implementation
• provide support for ATL, VTL, and Data De-Duplication
• maintain and enhance documentation
• represent the Storage Engineering team on various infrastructure and application projects and meetings
• provide level 3 operational support
• provide 7x24 on-call support on a rotating basis
• Design, build and deploy storage data protection solutions with consideration for overall strategy, installation, setup, data migration and administration, continuously striving to provide highly available and efficient storage solutions.
• Analyze and identify technologies, measures and initiatives that will leverage the storage services provided by ITS and collaborate with other stakeholders across the Technology Solutions organization in developing and maintaining policies, processes, infrastructures and facilities to optimize storage cost effectiveness
• Take ownership and liaise with other groups such as Facilities, Server, Database, and Network to maintain quality of storage services.
• Manage the Data Protection services that support the Bank’s application clients through optimizing the build and deployment of storage components.
• Evaluate data protection storage technologies for enhanced operability and availability that align with overall architectural strategy by preparing test plans and recommendations
• Perform proactive and continuous performance management to ensure optimal throughput for business application storage infrastructure components
• Adherence to change management policies and procedures for maintaining high availability of company applications
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org