We are currently seeking EMC Storage Specialists for a full-time position in Toronto and/or Ottawa, Ontario.
• Provides overall support and maintenance of storage environments (mostly EMC Clariion and Symmetrix)working within our storage engineering team;
• Monitors system performance on a daily basis to ensure adequate response times for storage applications;
• Participate in the customer support process to deal with customer defined high priority incidents;
• Provide guidance on virtualization and high availability of virtual servers
• Establishes and documents procedures to ensure data integrity including system fail-over and backup/recovery;
• Provides recommendations to management on changes, upgrades, and new hardware as required;
• Provides support to vendors and application specialists as necessary;
• Maintain an awareness of dependencies off all infrastructures;
• Performs research and development on new products, technologies, and operating systems as required.
• 5 or more years of experience in IT industry as an EMC Storage Specialist;
• Solid operational background in maintaining storage systems;
• Strong understanding of mission critical applications and be able to assess the risk and impact associated with change;
• 3 years of experience with VMware and virtual servers;
• Experience working with vendors or suppliers to resolve issues;
• Utilized analytical tools to pro-actively identify/resolve problems;
• Demonstrated experience monitoring systems and components for adherence with company standards;
• Experience writing technical documents and statements of work;
• Knowledge and experience with respect to: EMC Clariion, Symmetrix DMX, NSX, DCX, Connectrix, EMC Symmetrix SRDF, Brocade SAN Switch, EMC Control Center, Replication Manager, Connectrix Manager and other EMC tools,
• Excellent customer relations and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks;
• English reading, writing and spoken skills;
• Willingness to develop complementary skill sets
Nice to Have Requirements:
• French reading, writing and spoken skills;
• Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an advanced information technology products and services leader, Nova Networks is committed to the goal of ensuring that the products and services we provide exceed our clients' expectations.