Production Supervisor/Manager – PLC Programming Vancouver BC
Our Client is a leading aerospace parts manufacturer. They are currently hiring a Production Supervisor/Manager for a full time, long-term career opportunity.
They are seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership and supervisory skills.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Assembly, the Production Supervisor/Manager will lead a crew of ten to twenty unionized employees and oversee the day to day management of the production workforce in the assigned area. The ideal candidate will be flexible, an excellent communicator and have an aerospace or Lean Manufacturing background. The ideal candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert in Aerospace Machining and a specialist in 'feeds and speeds' as well as oversee PLC Programming.
• Ensures quality, cost and schedule targets are met.
• Plans the work, sets daily/shift schedule goals and ensure the highest utilization of resources.
• Mentors employees and oversees employee cross training.
• Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees relating to lateness, absenteeism, productivity, and quality issues.
• Provides reporting to senior management on schedule and cost.
• Ensures the safe and effective operation of the work area by applying Lean manufacturing concepts to accomplish production and strategic business objectives.
• Oversee PLC Programming
• Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical education.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience in the aerospace industry or other capital goods industries requiring highly technical leadership.
• PLC Programming experience an asset
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience managing a workforce in a unionized environment.
• Must be eligible to pass a security clearance (CGP and ITAR) and work on military programs.
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, while fostering equal opportunity employment. Relocation assistance from within Canada is provided. This position is located of Vancouver BC
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK AND APPLY
Mechanical Engineer for Production Supervisor / Manager - PLC Programming Edmonton 18083
Keyword Search: calgary, alberta jobs, red deer
In Person:Please apply in this link: http://www.engineeringjobsandcareers.ca/jobapply.php?ad=1336057030